At Oconee Christian Academy, our teachers are committed to building disciples of Jesus Christ through our ministry of education. We desire to instill in each student a Biblical world view, Christian values, and prepare them to serve as Christian leaders in their communities.
All classes will learn about and teachers look for the fourteen honorable characteristics of respect, obedience, diligence, wisdom, kindness, self-control, orderliness, service, attentiveness, cooperation, courage, honesty, forgiveness, and responsibility.
To Enroll at Oconee Christian Academy:
UNDERSTAND the value of investing in Christian education for your child. Set up a free educational success consultation with us.
VISIT our campus and let us show you our classes and facilities, and you can meet teachers and students.
SHADOW a class. Your child can spend a day with us, and experience the daily academic life of a Warrior!
ENROLL your child in our school and join our Warrior family!
Thank You to Our Warrior Challenge
Golf Classic Sponsors
Warrior Sponsors ($2,500)
Clardy Real Estate
Dean and Margie Burton
Lex and Cora Burton
Joe and Debbie Chapa
Drew and Dianne Collins
Tim and Jennifer Hanke
Brett and Melissa Pittman
Charles and Cathy Sewell
Bob and Lynn Stein
Event Sponsors ($1,000)
Building the Body Foundation
Pittman Heating and Air
David Ayers, Inc.
Hole Sponsors ($500)
All About People
Auto Body Express
Blue Ridge Electric Company
General Machine of Anderson
Ken's Thriftee Pharmacy
The Paint Place
Tri County Ace Builders Supply
James & Anna Boggs
Ted and Cheryl Cherry
David and Judd Oyler
Mark & Anna Pittman
Blake and Lisa Poleynard
William and Holly Ricketson
Joe and Danielle Valdez
Frank and Bee Ventura
Shot Sponsors ($250)
Blue Ridge Electric Co-op
Golden Corner Dental Associates
Industrial Motor Service
Southern Scapes of Oconee
Two Day Design
Upstate Insurance of Oconee Inc.
Webb Heating and Air
The Wheel Works
John and Pat Dilworth
Ralph and Nancy Frey
Tom and Melinda Hannah
Paul and Susan Johanson
Kip & Kim Miller
William and Kathleen Swinney
New Playscape Installed
Oconee Christian Academy elementary students were greeted by a great surprise when they returned from fall break this week. While they were gone, a brand new, beautiful playscape was installed on the school’s playground, and they quickly came to appreciate its many creative options for play.
The playscape was installed in memory of an Oconee Christian great-grandfather, Mr. Roy C. Shirley, and funded through a financial gift provided to the school through the administration of Roy Shirley’s son Mr. Donnie Shirley. Mr. Roy Shirley was a godly man committed to living his life for the Lord.
Fourth grade and kindergarten students had a great time checking out each section of the playscape. From a variety of slides to a climbing feature to a noise-making drum, the playscape provides many options for the students to exert their energy, build their physical skills, and to just have fun!
Chris Bateman Named Head of School
Following several months of an intensive search, it is with great pleasure that the Board of Trustees has named Mr. Chris Bateman the new Head of School for Oconee Christian Academy. He will be replacing our current Director, Mr. Dean Bare, who is retiring. Mr. Bateman will be on campus Tuesday, March 6th. He and Mr. Bare will work together during this transition.
"With Oconee Christian Academy’s focus on developing Christian leaders, the Head of School search committee and Board of Trustees are confident that Mr. Bateman’s commitment to the Lord, academic and administrative experience, and leadership abilities are a perfect fit for our school. He is a champion of teachers, a motivator for students, and a strong administrator who understands the variety of responsibilities required for a school to succeed in its mission of spiritual and academic development," says Board of Trustees Chair Shane Clardy.
Mr. Bateman previously served as Head of School at Cathedral Academy in Charleston, SC, where he successfully increased enrollment, strengthened and balanced the budget, improved the academic rigor and curriculum, and increased athletic and fine arts opportunities. At the forefront of his administration at Cathedral was his commitment to maintaining the school’s philosophy of Kingdom education which builds the students’ Biblical worldview through a partnership of the home, church and school.
In addition to serving as a Christian school administrator, Mr. Bateman has also been a teacher, chaplain, alumni director, special events coordinator, and athletic director at Christian Heritage School in Dalton, GA.
Mr. Bateman’s family will be joining him in Seneca this summer. He and his wife Chanda have been married for 23 years, and they have three children, Carley, Cameron, and Chandler.
To honor, glorify, and serve our Savior, Jesus Christ, by providing our students a quality education through a curriculum founded on Biblical truths, and by nurturing our students’ personal development through various social and extracurricular opportunities.
To help our students identify and develop their own unique, God-given gifts; to challenge our students to use these gifts in becoming honorable and productive citizens; to encourage our students to grow in Christian character and conduct; and to send our students into the world committed to the service of Jesus Christ.
To provide our students a quality education, to partner with a child's family and church in the character development of each student, and to lead both our students and families to a closer walk with Jesus Christ.
- 75 % of the graduating class of 2017 were honor students (3.75 GPA for their entire high school career).
- 50% of the graduation class of 2017 were high honors students (4.25 GPA for their entire high school career).
- The majority of the students taking the TerraNova Standardized Test in 2017 scored at or well above the national average.
- The class of 2017 earned 128 college credits while at Oconee Christian Academy.
- The class of 2017 performed more than 5,000 hours of community service.
- The class of 2017 was offered on average $41,000 each in college scholarships
- Recent graduates have gone on to further their education at Notre Dame, US Naval Academy, Clemson University, University of South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Anderson University, Southern Wesleyan and many other notable colleges.
- Oconee Christian Academy athletic teams (Boys Soccer, Cross Country, Basketball, Golf and Baseball) competed for state championships in 2016-2017 academic year.
- Oconee Christian Academy provided in excess of $150,000 in financial aid to deserving students in 2016-2017.
- Accreditations and Memberships:
- AdvancEd accredits Oconee Christian Academy. AdvancEd accredits public and private schools throughout the United States. Their representative serves on the five-year site visits to the Oconee Christian campus.
- The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) also accredits Oconee Christian Academy. ACSI accredits Christian Schools throughout the United States and around the world.
- Current enrollment (Kindergarten – 12th grade) is 152
- Lower School enrollment (Kindergarten – 6th grade) is 73.
- Middle School enrollment (6th – 8th grades) is 31.
- High School enrollment (9th – 12th grades) is 47.