To honor, glorify, and serve our Savior, Jesus Christ, by providing our students a quality education through a curriculum founded on Biblical truths, and by nurturing our students’ personal development through various social and extracurricular opportunities.
To help our students identify and develop their own unique, God-given gifts; to challenge our students to use these gifts in becoming honorable and productive citizens; to encourage our students to grow in Christian character and conduct; and to send our students into the world committed to the service of Jesus Christ.
To provide our students a quality education, to partner with a child's family and church in the character development of each student, and to lead both our students and families to a closer walk with Jesus Christ.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
OCA is founded upon conservative, evangelical Protestant Christian principles as manifested in the inerrant Word of God, the Old and New Testament Scriptures. Therefore, OCA believes the Bible to be the foundation for all matters of life and learning. We hold firmly that God as revealed through Jesus Christ is sovereign and the center of the universe; as such, He must also be the center of our lives and the focus of our every endeavor.
OCA believes that God speaks to us through His holy scriptures; therefore, we must submit unconditionally to the authority of the Bible, and recognize His scriptures as the exclusive standard for Christian education. In addition:
1) We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible Word of God; as such, it is the final authority in all matters of life and faith.
2) We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3) We believe that God created man in His own image and granted man free will; that man chose to sin against God, leading to physical and spiritual death; that this spiritual death separates man from God; and that all people are born with a sinful nature.
4) We believe in both the deity and humanity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, and His numerous miracles.
5) We believe that Jesus Christ died a vicarious death as an atonement for our sins, and that all who believe in Him are justified by the blood He shed.
6) We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, His ascension into heaven, His seating at the right hand of the Father, and His eventual return to earth where He will rule His Kingdom in power and glory.
7) We believe that salvation cannot be earned through any work of our own, but is only available from God through His grace; therefore, salvation can only be achieved by confessing sin, faithfully accepting Jesus Christ as personal Savior, and being reborn and regenerated through the work of the Holy Spirit.
8) We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those that are saved unto a resurrection of eternal life, and those that are lost unto a resurrection of eternal damnation.
9) We believe that all Christians are unified in spirit through our Lord Jesus Christ.
10) We believe that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit enables the Christian to live a Godly life.